Youth Camp – Last Chance to Register

After a lengthy debate our youth team has decided to proceed with youth camp as planned on Feb 4-6.

It is the weekend before kids will be back together at school anyway, and postponing camp would bring all sorts of other challenges for families and our team. We are also confident that the CYC Burleigh camp site has good COVID safe practices such as:
– health declarations
– no sharing of things like life jackets
– clear sanitary practices for meals
– clear sleeping configurations to ensure adequate distancing
– capability to isolate and arrange for pick ups in case of illness
On top of that as a team we will work hard to ensure good practices with distancing, mask wearing and cleanliness. The camp site has also assured us that if closer to the time a significant number of the camp is affected by COVID or isolating then we will be able to postpone then.
With school starting the day after camp we will adapt the camp program to come back to Brisbane earlier around lunch time to allow for adequate rest and preparation for school. We understand that youth and some leaders may opt out of youth camp in this season, and we totally understand if that is the case.

Registrations for youth camp are closing this Sunday (Jan 23), so make sure you get onto that ASAP if you are still keen –


  • Camps are more expensive these days, but don’t let the cost stop you coming – we have generous subsidies available for a number of youth to get to camp. We don’t want anyone to miss out! Just talk to Chris Pine for more info.
  • To help families with multiple children there also discounts for multiple children.