1 God is our refuge and strength,Psalm 46:1-3
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
For our church
- Pray that as a church we will be reminded of the unity we have in Jesus, by the Spirit. Pray that we show this unity through humility, gentleness, patience, forbearance, and unity in the Spirit of Jesus.
- Please pray for Helen and Mitch Claes, and their family, as they grieve the passing of Helen’s mother Ann.
- Continue to pray for Tim Collard’s recovery from his motorcycle accident.
For our partnerships
- Pray for Ryan and Mel Dehnert as they seek to reach unreached people groups with the gospel. Pray for conversations they have with people, and for relationships to be formed and deepened. Pray that the hearts of those they speak to might be softened.
- Please continue to pray for the ministry to Brisbane Youth Detention Centre. Pray for the kids, the staff, and the management, in the centre. Pray that the gospel will work mightily in the hearts of those in BYDC
- Pray for student ministry – Peter and Katharine Yock at the Con and Griffith College of Arts, Danae Woodward at Griffith Nathan Campus, and the Brennans working with International students at UQ. Please pray that they may find ways to continue taking the gospel forward despite shutdowns and restrictions. And pray the students may continue to live faithful lives, putting God before all else.
- Please be praying for Linda McKerrell who is currently on home assignment. For more information, please see the post in this week’s newsletter