Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if only you would hear his voice,Psalm 95:6-7
For the Situation in Afghanistan
- Pray for the people of Afghanistan – that people will put their hope in the Lord. Pray for Christians there, pray for protection for the people, and for provision for those who are displaced
- Pray for refugees, and the communities around the world taking them in. May we see compassion, love, and humility to accept, care and provide for them.
- A call to prayer from the Convener of the General Assembly of Australia Defence Force Chaplains Committee, Rev Martin de Pyle. Some points to help direct your prayers:
- Pray for the people of Afghanistan enduring the current humanitarian crisis. Pray for their safety and welfare into the future.
- Pray for the church in Afghanistan as they endure the atrocities of the Taliban. Pray especially for the women and children left in their hands.
- Pray for our 36,000+ veterans and their families, including those who have served in the Middle East and Afghanistan over the last 20 years. Despite what occurs in Afghanistan now, pray that they may know we are thankful for their service and sacrifice.
- Remember with thankful hearts our Coalition servicemen and servicewomen that served in Afghanistan.
- Pray for our Australian and the Coalition Forces presently deployed in support of the evacuation process of Australian citizens, Afghan nationals and foreign workers from Afghanistan.
- Pray for wisdom in the decision making of our leaders in Defence: For the Chief of our Defence Force, General Angus Campbell; The Minister for Defence, the HON Peter Dutton; the Assistant Minister for Defence, the HON Andrew Hastie; and the Minister for Veterans Affairs and Defence Personnel, the HON Andrew Gee.
- “Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body” (Hebrews 13:3)
For our Country
- Pray for those affected by the current COVID outbreak around the country. That those that are ill might be healed, that those that are anxious, angry, or scared might find comfort and peace in you.
Pray for our Church
- Pray for the Snares as they continue in the Greater Sydney lockdown. Pray for patience and trust in God
- Pray that our online service this week might reach and encourage people with the truth of the Gospel.